Last updated: June 13, 2016
We keep your private information private by:
- Not selling your information—You’ve entrusted us with your personal information, and we’re committed to using it wisely. Upstate Colorado Economic Development will not sell your personal information to anyone, for any reason, at any time.
- Using firewalls and encryption—We use firewalls and encryption technology to protect personal information on our computer systems.
- Restricting who has access to your information—We take precautions to ensure that your internet account and personal information are accessible only by relevant parties who are authorized to have access to your personal information.
Upstate Colorado Economic Development
This policy applies to your use of this site. This policy does not apply to your use of unaffiliated sites to which this site only links.
Personal Identification Information
We may request personal identification information from you (such as your last name, business, phone, address) in connection with your use of, or participation in registration for surveys, forums, content submissions, chats, bulletin boards, discussion groups, requests for suggestions, or additional information, and in connection with other activities, services or resources we make available on any of our website. In all of these cases, we will collect personal identification information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. Except as otherwise provided in this policy, we reasonably endeavor to ensure that we never intentionally disclose any personal identification information about you as an individual user to any third party without having received your permission (through opt-in or similar procedures) except as provided for herein or otherwise as permitted or required under law. Further, Upstate Colorado Economic Development may contact you based on the information you provide online whether in connection with your registration or in such places as the above described forums.
If you do provide us with personal information for any of these activities, we may use it to conduct the activity.
Upstate Colorado Economic Development does not rent or sell personal identification information to outside marketers. In certain circumstances, Upstate Colorado Economic Development may share personal identification information with trusted service providers that need access to your information to provide operational or other support services or we may share this aggregate statistical information with other third parties; to ensure the confidentiality and security of this information, service providers must agree to safeguard all information in strict compliance with our policy. We may also provide information to regulatory authorities and law enforcement officials in accordance with applicable law or when we otherwise believe in good faith that the law requires it.
Non-Personal Identification Information
We may collect non-personal identification information without limitation, through the use of the following types of methodology:
- “Cookie” technology:A “cookie” is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system.
- “IP address tracking”:An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer when you are on the Internet. When you request pages from our Sites, our servers log your IP address.
- “Web beacons”:A Web beacon, or “clear gif,” is a small graphic image on a webpage or web-based document that a website can use to determine information about a user.
Non-personal identification information might include the browser you use, the type of computer, technical information about your means of connection to our websites (such as the operating systems and the Internet service providers utilized), and other similar information. Our systems may also automatically gather information about the areas you visit and search terms you utilize on our website and about the links you may select from within our website to other areas of the World Wide Web or elsewhere online.
We use such information for our business purposes, and, in particular, primarily to administer the website, and, in the aggregate, to what technologies are being used so that we may continually improve our Sites.
“Do Not Track” Disclosures
Our website honors your browser security and privacy settings. For some browsers, you can change and turn off tracking features and other security settings in your browser.
In addition, Google Analytics offers an Opt-out Browser Add-on. Google provides a free add-on to most major browsers that you can install to prevent your data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. To learn more and obtain the Opt-out Browser Add-on visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Privacy of Children
We are mindful that young people need special safeguards and privacy protection. We realize that they may not understand all the provisions of our policy or be able to make thoughtful decisions about the choices that are made available to our adult users. We strongly urge all parents to participate in their children’s exploration of the Internet and any online services, and to teach their children about protecting their personal information while online.
Upstate Colorado Economic Development does not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13) without verifiable parental consent. If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen (13), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system’s database. Anyone under the age of thirteen (13) must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use this website.
We want to hear from you on social media, our blogs, and our forums but have a few things that we do not allow:
- Posts that contain, discuss or promote:
- abusive, vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language
- personal attacks of any kind
- illegal activity
- political campaigns
- legal or employment issues
- Conversations that negatively target specific individuals or groups
- Posts that are spam, solicitations or advertisements
- Contest and voting campaign posts that are not authorized by Upstate Colorado Economic Development
- Any profile icon or name related to commercial content that promotes another business, website, specialty page other than our organization or those approved by us
- Personally identifiable information (like phone numbers or email addresses), private or sensitive details about another person
- Material or information that you don’t have the right to post or share
Additional rules for blog comments and forums
- No profanity or skirting the language filter.
- No political or religious issues.
- No posting of premium content from any website.
- No trolling or posting of fake news.
- Use of descriptive thread titles.
Differences of opinion are welcome as long as they are respectful. Be courteous and respect those asking questions with friendly, informative discussions. If it’s not, it will be deleted. Posters will be permanently banned immediately for a serious, willful, and/or repeated violation of any of these rules.
User-submitted content (including comments, updates, photos and videos) do not necessarily represent the views of Upstate Colorado Economic Development.
The statements and opinions posted by registered participants to these forums and blogs on our website are offered for educational, informational, and social purposes only, should not be construed as providing advice of any kind.
Some links featured on our website, social media, blogs, and forums will take you to non- Upstate Colorado Economic Development websites. The views and opinions of authors expressed on those websites do not necessarily state or reflect those of Upstate Colorado Economic Development.
Links to Other Sites
Users will find other content on our website that link to the sites and services of other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies, or no policy (policies) at all. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third party sites or services before providing any of them with your personal information.
If you “opt-in” to receive information from us, you can change your mind later. If at any time you would like to stop receiving such information or opt-out of a feature, you may change your options by contacting email@example.com. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases and servers, although we will always make reasonable efforts to do so upon your request, and we are unable to have your information removed from the records of any third party who has been provided with your information in accordance with this policy.
Consent to Transfer
The website is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using our Website, participating in any of our services and/or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
Your Acceptance of These Terms