In 1883, the Hudson Post Office was established along with a railroad water and supply stop with a section house for the Union Pacific along their new Colorado line between Denver and Eckley. John M. Lapp filed a plat in 1887 for the Hudson City Land and Improvement Company (the town’s namesake). Land speculation was booming, and a second plat was filed for an additional 3,000 lots in 1889. The creation of the Henrylyn Municipal Irrigation District in 1907 brought more land speculators, permanent residents, and a newspaper.
Approximately 75 farmers from Kansas and Oklahoma moved to Hudson between 1910 and 1913, and the town was incorporated in Weld County in 1914. By 1930, the Henrylyn Municipal Irrigation District was irrigating 34,617 acres of southeast Weld County with water from the South Platte River. This helped to transform Hudson into a successful farming and agricultural community.
For Hudson pre-searched real estate please select the property search tab.
Source: Weld County 150, City of Greeley Museums staff, Nancy Lourine Lynch.