Pierce was the second station in Weld County on the Denver Pacific Railroad in 1869 and had a section house, water tank, and siding. it was named after General John Pierce who was the surveyor general for Colorado Territory who later became the 4th President of the D.P.R.R
Pierce was established in 1903 when the post office opened and platted in 1906 and in 1907. The town was incorporated in 1918 with a clause in all land deeds that prohibited the manufacture or sale of intoxicants in the town under penalty of forfeiture of title to all property. As a railroad stop, it became a local shipping point for cattle, sheep, potatoes, beans, and sugar beets.
For Pierce pre-searched real estate please select the property search tab.