You’re invited to attend the University of Northern Colorado Innovation Talk: New Tech in Farming and Food
When: Feb 9th at 3 PM MST to 5 PM
Where: Multipurpose Hall in UNC Campus Commons, 1051 22nd St, Greeley, CO 80639 or attend via Zoom.
Attend In-person: RSVP for parking pass: https://www.meetup.com/greeley-weld-startup/events/282962797/
Attend Online: RSVP for Zoom meeting link: https://www.meetup.com/greeley-weld-startup/events/283335456/
30 minutes – Mingle with light food and drinks
10 minutes – Welcome and opening remarks by Dean Sher Gibbs, Monfort College of Business
5 minutes – Introduction/announcements. Phil McCready, City of Greeley/Greeley-Weld Startup
10 minutes – Entrepreneurship 101. Product development specialists, Eric Fitzsimons of CNE Creative
10 minutes – Fastpitch by Michael Lolley, Chief Executive Officer at Insecticycle
15 minutes – Keynote by Jason Suntych, COO/Co-Founder of Xiant Technologies
40 minutes – Entrepreneurship agrifood tech. Moderated discussion by Dallas Everhart, Executive Professor at MCB
Entrepreneurship discussion panelists:
- Jason Suntych, COO/Co-Founder of Xiant Technologies
- Eric Fitzsimons, Product Design & Development Lead at CNE Creative
- Michael Lolley, Chief Executive Officer at Insecticycle
- Dr. Ajay Jha, CEO/Founder of Innop Global
- Dixon Dick, Co-Executive Director of CoSolve
- Eric Gostenik, Vice President Operations of FarmBox Foods
- Philip McCready, City of Greeley Economic Health and Housing
Thinking like an Entrepreneur
Share your ideas on entrepreneurial success in growing and attracting the agrifood tech industries of the future.
- What drives you in life and as an entrepreneur?
- How do you define value creation for your customers?
- How do you measure, manage, and evaluate your value to customers?
- Do you believe you can make a difference in the world through agrifood tech?
- What is the most valuable insight(s) you’ve taken from successful entrepreneurs?
- What are the top things you’ve learned in your journey of starting a business?
- What is the most important mindset an agrifood entrepreneur should nurture?
- What is the most important skill an entrepreneur should master?
- What key advice would you offer to young agtech entrepreneurs starting today?
- How can we support the Greeley-Weld region as a competitive agrifood tech hub?
Event Hosts & Contact
Philip McCready, PhD
City of Greeley | Economic Development Manager
Monfort College of Business | Chair and Professor of Strategy Management Department